Will My Child Be Released by the Juvenile Court Judge?
The Juvenile Court Judge considers 5 factors when making the determination as to releasing the child to a parent or guarding or to hold the child in the detention center awaiting court--
- whether the child is likely to run away or be taken outside the jurisdiction of the court,
- whether a parent or guardian can provide suitable care, supervision and protection for the child,
- whether the child has a parent or guardian who will return him to court at all of his court settings,
- whether the child may be a danger to himself or others if released from juvenile detention and
- whether the child has a history of having been found to have engaged in delinquent conduct and is likely to commit a new offense if released.